After attending the organization and club fair at the beginning of the school year, I decided to sign up for many international clubs or just clubs thinking that it was going to be easy for me to keep track of them all. First, let’s see which organizations I joined that day:
- Sooners without Borders
- OU Pre Law Society
- OU Cousins
- Hispanic American Student Association
- The Big Event
Now, let’s see which organizations I was able to keep track of my first semester of college and what happened to the ones I joined but could not continue.
- Sooners without Borders – never looked into it.
- OU Pre Law Society – went to one meeting.
- OU Cousins – my cousin never wanted to hang out.
- Hispanic American Student Association – went to one meeting.
- Soonerthon – still in it.
- The Big Event – still in it.
- Foreign Film Club – new organization which I happily joined and is the organization that I am using for my International Club for Global Engagement Fellowship.
Foreign Film Club
I first got an email about this club a couple of weeks ago and saw that many of my fellow GEF’s were a part of it. After happily joining it, we decided on a meeting date and a movie. We watched the Brazilian movie “The Year My Parents Went on Vacation” in Portuguese. I thought this was a really cool and fun club to be a part of and to learn more about the world in. It was really cool to see a foreign movie, and I am excited to attend the next meeting. I am very happy that I joined the Foreign Film Club.
P.S. (The next meeting is on Thursday, January 19th, 2017)